The Diamond Probe/Perio 2000 System is a periodontal probe that combines advanced ion selective electrode technology with the standard "Michigan O" style probe
The Diamond Probe/Perio 2000 System is a periodontal probe that combines advanced ion selective electrode technology with the standard "Michigan O" style probe. It is intended to measure probing depths, to evaluate the presence or absence of bleeding or probing, as well as to detect the presence of sulfides in periodontal pockets. The sulfide sensor component in the system is used as an adjunct to traditional diagnostic techniques in the evaluation of periodontal diseases in adult patients.
The system consists of:
- Single use, disposable sensor tips that combine an updated standard Michigan "O" style dental probe with a sulfide sensor for use during one-time examinations
- An electronic control unit that provides real-time visual feedback of bacterial activity to the practitioner and patient
- Probe handle, hand-piece cable, foot switch, and external power supply
- Wash solution
- Accessory stand for convenient wash cup placement and temporary probe storage
- System check
It can be used:
- During initial patient screening as an adjunctive measurement of a patient's oral health status
- During and after routine supportive periodontal therapy
- At maintenance intervals
- As a tool to provide patient education and motivation
Diamond General Development Corp., 333 Parkland Plaza, Ann Arbor, MI 48103-6202. Tel: 734-332-0200; Fax: 734-332-4775.